PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus NI
Thread: Aer Lingus NI
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2007, 12:07
Lord Lardy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great contribution to the thread Bearcat; thanks. Don't worry aeroarce, I bet your ability to spell in English is better than Bearcat's ability to spell in Spanish.

Prat!
Hatchet, I would have to back old Bearcat up on this one I'm afraid. The aptitude testing stage in Aer Lingus or any airline would unfortunately weed people out on this basis. Perhaps you should refrain from calling people with experience prats in the future. Dosen't hold up well in the industry young man.

Aeroarce, there is an IFALPA recrutiment ban on Belfast base at the moment. You won't be interviewed at the moment as I'm led to believe that there are no pilots willing to interview or assess any new joiner until the current round of talks with the company are complete. It may take a few weeks. However, there are people in the holding pool from the last round of recruitment. As the northern Ireland equality board said last week that there is no reason why people from Dublin can't transfer to Belfast I'm not so sure there will be many jobs anyway at the current time. Those transferring will get upgraded and will thus meet the captain criteria. Those in the hold pool will then have to be offered positions in Belfast, whether they accept or not is another story. This info is not official by any manner of means, but just from info received from colleagues in EI based on the current situation.