PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rules is rules! Jobsworth at Stansted
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2007, 10:31
Tigs2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was a bit naughty once. I was carrying a girl in the back of a Puma, who had sufferred bad spinal and neck injuries. She had been put in a turning frame in a bid to keep her level at all times. We had to route through the London helilanes to get to the hospital at the Isle of Dogs. The controller said we must follow the Thames (as is normal), when we started taking the first bends in the river, it was clear that despite being in a turning frame the girl was sufferring imense pain, her doc was concerned. I informed the controller of the exact situation and the condition of the young girl, requesting special permission to fly direct lines accross the bends of the Thames. He came back and said no! because of noise abatement (1330 hrs!), I told him the girl was in severe pain and that her condition could even worsen. He still said no! I then told him I was going to do it anyway, if he didn't like it report me, If anyone complains of the noise, send the complaint to my boss, and if he didn't give me a service, I would squawk emergency, over central London. I flew in a straight line, got the service, no complaints to the boss and two years later, the girl was up and about and back to normal.