PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2007, 10:21
Dani

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted byBsieker:
In case of a detected problem with the thrust levers, the engine would have been put to idle anyway
Bernd, I agree with you completly. I just mentioned this very unlikely cause for our Brazilian friends, who still believe that there is a great likelyhood in the scenario of the pilots fighting with TL 2. If there had been a problem in TL 2, they mostly likely wouldn't have left it in CLB. And if it had been stuck in CLB they would have simply switched it off. There was enough time.

The same I have to answer to bubber44. I do not think that GA would have been a very good solution after TR 1 on, but I add it to the scenario to show the unlikeliness. I was critizised for saying "you are not thinking logically". Our engineers repeated all technical backgrounds, I added the procedural aspects from a pilot's point of view. So we have brought up all scenarios and can assume all theirs probabilities.

Ergo there is only one reasonable answer what happened, and this is: They left it in CLB - initially most probably intentionally.

Last edited by Dani; 8th Sep 2007 at 10:37.