PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air - Capt Rad Gammage critically ill
Old 8th Sep 2007, 08:58
Icarus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not sure if it still remains appropriate to continue to provide information on Capt Gammages condition publicly now that the saga of repatriation is over. I would need to consult Mrs Gammage first.

All I will say is that Rad was moved to ICU at BDF yesterday for isolation. I understand this is nothing untoward, simply that as he came in from a foreign country and the treatment was not so good, it makes medical sense. Also, all the sundry items Mrs Gammage had to provide in Cyprus have been ordered away for contamination reasons; clearly Rad is getting treated much better here. In ICU he will also have access to dialysis without having to be moved around between appropriate wards etc.

I will talk to the family to see what are the immediate non-covered needs so that we can all aim to provide funds to help out. Does it make sense to be running multiple strands to do this (GF, Brit Club, Others?) or should we at least get together to work out best plans for a cohesive and transparent single way forward?