PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Global Search for ATCs
Old 7th Sep 2007, 22:28
SM4 Pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Business Development

Airservices Australia is setting up a subsidiary corporation (similar to Pacific Towers, one presumes) to bid for Middle East contracts. First on the agenda appears to be Bahrain (reputably the worst ANSP going, according to a thread here recently, which I can't find now). Within the internal 'employment opportunities' page there is a page dedicated to Bahrain opportunities.

I think it's a "fishing exercise" at this time; but there is little information about how you would be employed or even under what conditions, i.e. severance from ASA (LWOP?), likely coin on offer etc.

Still, it's fascinating all the same; we are in a staffing 'crisis' and yet are in a position to bid for more external business with our vast resources. Reminds me of the Sth African experience 5 years or so ago; people almost on the plane when it was discovered there wasn't any coin in it for the company; oh and did I mention being short of staff?

Mind you, if the ASA subsidiary is just a management arm like Pacific Towers and it continues to use the staff on the ground then I wonder what extra resources is actually needed, 9 5ths of bugga all?

All the while I'm sure a certain Terry Hills resident will love to use this one too in his arguments.

One wonders what the argument between WE and BP was about? WE won obviously because BP is gone (along with FD; it's good to have the ear of the king) and this business development opportunity is alive; sort of.