PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2007, 22:22
marciovp
I support PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ANAC´s Normative Instruction IS 121-189

Things get a little complicated. A Federal Judge had issued an order to close Congonhas Airport. Then ANAC (National Agency Civil Aviation) published in their website the "Instrução Normativa IS-121-189" stating that for an airplane to land in Congonhas both reversers should be on and working. Gilberto Schittini who elaborated the IS said today that it was in force. This was shown to the judge who after reading it allowed Congonhas do open. Then a director from ANAC Denise (she asked to leave) said that the IS was not enforced and was published in the site of ANAC by mistake. That it was just an internal discussion not to be promulgated as valid. Not so, said Gilberto Schittini, saying that he cried when he realized that if TAM followed his IS-121-189 the disaster would not happen. TAM said that it followed the Airbus directives not ANAC´s...

Here is the news (portuguese-brazilian):
http://si.knowtec.com/scripts-si/Mos...ata=2007-09-07

In case you all want to know, I am not a lawyer and I have no agenda. I just love aviation. I am a psychiatrist/psychoanalyst who used to fly Piper Tripacers and Cherokees (ah, also a Cessna 150). In my work with patients I prepare them to "fly solo" in this world...

Last edited by marciovp; 7th Sep 2007 at 22:25. Reason: To add something