PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2007, 21:41
flyingnewbie10

Bsieker,

I will dare to post a preliminary comment about your why-because graph. My apologies If I say any nonsense:

1 - Factor 11 (assumption) could well be the one you pointed out (F/C did not expect autobrake not to operate) to explain F/C not commencing "Loss of Braking" procedure immediatelly. But if "Loss of Braking" implies using full manual braking (is it ?) I suppose it could also be explained by the fact that the crew at least thought that the runway was slippery and did not start using braking immediatelly to avoid an hydroplanning as the speed was still high;

2 - Is there a way to have a more detailed description of factor 18 (Thrust Lock after A/THR disconnected) just to contemplate the fact that it worked exactly as designed and the "locked" thrust was within the range of the right TLA reading ?;

3 - Does the graph accept multiple assumptions ? Could Factors 36 and 42 have parallel hypothesis ?

Last edited by flyingnewbie10; 7th Sep 2007 at 21:58. Reason: considering only speed as a factor in acquaplanning