PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - how is life as a freighter dog?
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2007, 20:47
BelArgUSA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Senile pilot answer

Attn.: Bristol Scout - subject 60 or 65 limit...
xxx
Licences do not have "cargo airplanes only" as limitation...
There is no "different limit" that I know as far as age flying cargo or passenger aircraft in national regulations of air carriers in the world. Licencing age limit do not address one or the other. Prior to the new 65 age limit which is fostered by ICAO, countries forced retirement of pilots as early as 55, and some had NO age limit...
xxx
As an example, the US still tries to maintain a 60 limit for pilots, yet flight engineers can fly with no age limitation. Italy also tries to maintain an age 60 limitation (their new cargo operation - Ocean - with 747s, has such limit). It is likely that the limited availability of highly experienced "senior" pilots might force them to accept pilots for hire over age 60... Here in Argentina, we always had a 65 limit, for pilots or flight engineers. I intend to continue to fly until my 65th birthday... Having learned to fly at age 15, I think I have acquired enough "stick time" in half a century.
xxx
Planning to retire at the beach in Brazil, I might plan to "continue my career" towing banners for "suntan lotions" on week-ends with a Super Cub. I recently applied for a Brazilian CPL/VFR licence. I asked if there was an age limit. With a wink in their eyes, they said "99"...
xxx

Happy contrails