PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2007, 20:37
SyEng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evidence...Logic...Facts...Truth

FlyingNewbie10, PBL,

I agree, but some might interpret PBL's latest as damning FN with faint praise.

Let me try to say this again in the hope of getting through to some who seem uncomfortable with contemplating any possible explanation except blaming the pilots, without recourse to any logical process, mentioning no names (Dani).

From the FDR evidence in the public domain one can infer only the following concerning the TLs:

"The FDR recorded a valid commanded No.2 TLA of CLB throughout the landing roll."

My best guess is that the FDR TLA commanded signal comes from the EEC in command of the subject engine. Dual FADEC has 2 EECs (engine electronic control) per engine.

Two (a subset of all) possible reasons for this occurring are:

(1) The pilots left No.2 TL at CLB

(2) No.2 TL was brought to idle but the thrust control unit (TCU) continued to provide a valid TLA commanded = CLB signal.

From anecdotes on this thread, reason (1) appears to have contributed to several previous incidents. It is possible (some are of the opinion that it is overwhelmingly likely) that this happened in this case.

It is not acceptable to state that (2) did not happen at Congonhas unless you have the evidence to prove it. There are several failure modes that could produce this effect (see my post 1981).