PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - where to fly from near Auckland
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2007, 20:34
Bongo Bus Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shybird
I agree with Alpa with respect to the place you are living in AA cos travel there is a pain in the #$@!.

Also ask yourself when you want to fly. Is it for recreation and as a social thing? If so go for a club. I flew at NSAC and the social scene was great. I hear the Auckland aeroclub has some good times as well. There is a very active microlight scene around Auckland as well which you might want to consider.

If the commercial route is what you are aiming for then price should be a top consideration for you. Try and fly somewhere where you are getting good instruction for a fair price and do not get sucked into the the old "If you do all your training with us then we will give you priority for jobs when the oppurtunity arises" BS! If you do your PPL on the shore and your commercial at AR then your instrument rating at some other place and you save $5000 doing it then good on ya.

In saying that the CFI now at NSAC is a good honest bugger and I believe you would do well to go and talk to him about your training.