PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Intergated Training - Any recomendations!?!?
Old 7th Sep 2007, 20:26
Get-a-Grip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intergated Training - Any recomendations!?!?

Hi,

I am a newbie to this site, so pardon my ignorance. I have tried searching for aswer to this, however have either found really old posts or stuff that was not applicable.

I am about to jack in my current job to train to become a pilot (hopefully!). I have done some research and due to my personal situation (married) had decided to go to CabAir, oxford was rulled out due to being around 3k higher in costs plus a nightmare for me to get back to see the missus!

However speaking with a newly qualified pilot, they said FTE (Jerez) would give me far better chances of getting that illusive first job (bearing in mind i will be 29 when i qualify). If i do go to Jerez seeing the missus would be near impossible, however it is a sacrifise we are both prepared to make, provided the school is that much better. Paying this much money, you have to be sure you are not throwing money away for the sake of a little hassle for 12 months!

Does anyone have any comments regards job selection and the flight school you trained at? specifically FTE and CabAir.

Many Thanks
Get-a-Grip