PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe Sponsorship - Why are they doing it?
Old 7th Sep 2007, 07:10
Mach086

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Is it not because airlines like to take people with little or no flying skills so that they can mould them into the "right" pilot for them?

I'm not an expert as you'll see from my other posts but Im sure there's a mind set in the industry that if you hire pilots who have experience, you're hiring their bad habits too? "

Well, if this is the case, what does this mean for all you guys out there that has spent every penny you have, remortgaged property in order to pay for your ATPL and have still not found a job?

What if their CV says they learnt at Cabair, CTC, Oxford? Surely they would not have picked up bad habits at these places, or if thtey did, it would be the same "bad" habits that the airline's own pilots have since they most probably trained at the schools I just mentioned.

I am just worried that I too may be in that position. Flybe state that there is no gurantee of a job. And you are held in a pool. And now hearing what Artificial Horizon mentioned, it seems that Flybe don't lose any money, and get a nice picture of themselves in Glossy Magazines with recruits graduating.

I'm just worried that in 2 years time, I would be writing the exact same post as that other guy did "So where are all the jobs then?"

I have still applied for the sponsorship and am obviously happy that they have offered this course. i guess I am just playing devi's advocate and questioning the intent.