PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airways Park in neglect
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2007, 20:14
The Actuator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deskjock,
It is not news to me I deal with it every day, it is just no longer important for me to have a harmonious relationship with people who seem intent on ruining my career without acknowledging the part they have played in the demise of a once very proud organisation.
Is it not just a little ironic how the one word that is baffling your brain is the one word that it is all going to hinge upon very shortly.
What you do not seem to grasp is, that more than likely there is not one pilot at Mango who has any intention of sticking around. It is young guys looking for jet time, new captains looking for command time or old guys supplementing their income, either way they are going to leave and that can't be a surprise, even to our myopic management. Those guys are willing to sweat for the company but the company does not even have the ethics to offer a pension plan - nice!
No one is there for the long term, (and how rude of them to expect a career since you don't give a stuff what they earn nor what they are worth... respect man) - you familiar with the term training snake?
I suspect that you and your ilk are going to learn very soon that there is not going to be a tremendous pool of experience from which you will be able to draw and sooner or later something will happen and the not so comfortable passengers will start to question just exactly who is driving.
Perhaps if said managers who are apparently doing a such tremendous job and putting in the hard hours, listened to the ideas coming from the pilots without dismissing them out of hand, the respect might flow the other way too. Unfortunately for you it can hardly be said that the pilots are not doing their job, but if it was the case and I did my job like management have done theirs over the last couple of years, I wouldn't hang around long enough for a manager to tell me I am incompetent - I would know, I would be embarrassed, and I would leave. If only management applied the same principle.
If there are two sets of rules, it is because that is what has been negotiated and agreed upon. Nothing was given to us on a silver platter and if you continue to believe that is why the company is 15 degrees nose down with the thrust stuck in TOGA then you are as ignorant as our boss, I'm sorry to say it but it looks like you are not listening and you are definetly not seeing.
By the way for the second time on this site, the word is LOSE like in the opposite to win or even gain or profit (not surprising the lack of comprehension there...) and not LOOSE which is the opposite of tight!

Last edited by The Actuator; 6th Sep 2007 at 21:33. Reason: wording