PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rules is rules! Jobsworth at Stansted
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2007, 19:13
Hoobie Schnaps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MPA a while ago. Matelot on board black tube like thing declared as Comp A (although not informed until 20 minutes prior to pick up). Craft makes way towards FI and surfaces to Sea King above (Matelot informed 10 minutes before surfacing to pack bag as NOK is VSI). Winched onto Sea King which makes 90 min transit to MPA. Lands 100 M in front of 747 that has been delayed by 2 hours, is offloaded, handed ticket by mover and walked up steps to business class seat where he is briefed what will happen at Asi. At Asi, is marched down steps by mover and up steps to freighter Tristar that has delayed by X? hours at Asi that has engines running and heads straight for ISK or Lossie (cannot remember) to offload pax into MT to drive to hospital. I reckon he was on the ground for less than 5 minutes from being told that there was a problem to arriving and getting in car for dash to hospital.
One of the great redeeming features of serving is that I know that if it all goes pear shaped everyone involved will do their absolute best to get me home as fast as is possible.
HS

Last edited by Hoobie Schnaps; 6th Sep 2007 at 19:15. Reason: Inability to rit propr like what they dus.