PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swiss Air
Thread: Swiss Air
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2007, 16:42
fendant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that you got some things wrong:

a) Crossair ( with the exception in one year ) never made any money, they had finally to berescued by Swissair
b) Crossair was run by the jerk Moritz Suter, whose egow as always flying at leat 30.000 ft higher than his planes
c) Crossair had a terrible safety record, as Moritz's ego stood always in front of safety training ( Nassenwil, Bassersdorf or the guy who run out of gas when he did not check the weather on the ZRH-HAM run and crash landed in East Germany.... this could fill several pages ..)
d) Cockpit Salaries ( again except those of Moritz and friends ) were so low that only pilots from Eastern Europe could be found, speaking miserable English
e) I agree Moritz S. has a high entertainment value, bad pay , but big parties for the employees where he mostly celebrated himself
f) Salaries for cabin crew were always at Migros level ! The only guy who made money out of LX was the boss.
g) His last decision to buy 80 Embraer planes was probably the nail in the coffin for Swiss. Pax hated the Embraer 146 and called it Moritzli's Angströhre ( The Fear Tub )

I am happy that Crossair is a thing of the past!

Frank