PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newest UAE National Airline?
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2007, 15:01
kaybee5000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How the hell are they going to fill their 20 year old tubes with the region nearing overcapacity...?

Possibly fairly easily I would submit. The largest expatriate community in the UAE comprises low-salaried artisans and labourers from the Sub-Continent. These guys generally get leave after two years, one year if they are lucky, and currently would travel home by one of the majors out of DXB / AUH courtesy of their employers. These guys would not be particularly interested by the trappings of flying on a major – they just want to get home to their families. So enter Kang Pacific Airlines….

Operating out of OMFJ, with aircraft offering little in the way of creature comforts, Kang Pacific should be able to undercut the majors by a considerable margin especially / presumably if the aircraft are configured to a high-capacity single class. This will appeal to employers and, as I have said above, the employees / passengers just want to get home. The guys could be bussed to Fujairah (about 2 hours from Dubai). They get bussed to work, so no problem there. Possibly could apply to the folks from the Philippines as well but not exactly in the same way.

I suspect the above may be the thinking but don’t know for sure. Needs a good business plan of course, but possibly a niche market away from the bright lights of Dubai?