PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future of IMC rating?
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2007, 12:33
DFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An IRI who can't update eta's enroute, and then has to divert to the alternate they have where unexpectidely (despite being in the air for 5 hours) the weather is below the required minima........and to top it all off, does not have any enroute alternates!

Perhaps BoseX, this highlights that any IMC/IR changes are also going to have to be part of a full review of how little experience or practical ability some people have when the CAA gives them the ability to teach applied instruments.

------

Originally Posted by stevieb1
They said I could do the CPL by taking the mandatory night flying section during the day.
I have never laughed to much. Did you talk to them on April 1st.

Cant believe that you did not question them about the requirement to wear sunglasses to make it darker

------------

Shunter,

I did specifically not mention PAPI or VASI. Read the later comments regarding coping mechanisms and contrast. You do remember from which side the PAPIs start going from white to red don't you?

What I spoke about was red green and white lights in close proximity with little contrast and no way of easily deciding which is which based on position (like one does with traffic lights) with high workload, and poor visibility.

Any restricted IR would require agreement from the other JAA states - not likely and would also have a weather minima restriction similar to the IMC as well as day only. Being sub-ICAO it would probably be restricted to UK airspace only.

Now let me think.....instrument flying privileges with a requirement for 1800m visibility at take-off and landing, higher minima factors, limited to day only and the UK only........

Do you want to pay for a full IR course just so that you can fly IFR in class A airways during the day in the UK?

Regards,

DFC