PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Intercepting Wandering Bears & Blackjacks Again (Merged)
Old 6th Sep 2007, 11:57
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm interested in the mechanics of these flights. Presumably they are not in touch with ATC otherwise the benefit of surprise is lost. At what altitude do these interceptions take place? Do these flights obstruct flights from North and Eastern Europe flying northwestwards to the Americas? How does the European parliament view surprise military thrusts at its borders? If UK airspace is being infringed, why isn't the European Parliament onto it? Why is it not viewed as an unfriendly act to have such military probing flights these days? I just find it slightly unsettling having apparently unannounced and uncontrolled military flights flying in areas where I have flown airliners- or do they have their own corridors for this sort of thing.

If we are going to have again masses of military incursions, and probably Russian submarines once again probing Swedish, Norwegian and British coastlines, then time to start sinking them? Or nuke Vladivostok?