PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airways Park in neglect
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2007, 11:35
The Actuator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AAAh my great friend the desk jockey. I take it that you are in management?
If so please explain to us in plain and simple terms how you think the pilots are raping the company.
I ask this because I (and i'm pretty sure a majority of the pilots) don't think that is the case.
If SAA management was anything close to competent they would see that it is not so and they would come out from behind their closed doors and see the shambles that happens on a daily basis on the line.
They might also be able to see and hear that there are airlines all over the world, who started from a worse position (post 9/11) than SAA and seem to be doing very well - and their pilots are paid in dollars!!!
Now why is that? - and please don't spew the revenue in dollars argument because the factor is not greater than 7.
The MOP (agreed last year) by the company under duress from an arbitrator seems to point out that the pilots are not raping the company and in fact are due an upward adjustment again.
In fact if it were for some competent managers who had a vested interest in this company SAA should be able to compete, especially given all the help, protection and market it gets from the government. (Billions I believe)
Is it not the case that the more the management blames the employees for the airlines woes, the dimmer is the spotlight that should be focused on the inept running of the company. I mean if we have decent management, why do we have to have consultants telling us how to run a business that has been around for 70 plus years?
It is quite clear that the people who have some say in how this airline is run have absolutely no time for it's most valuable resource - it's people. Witness the disregard shown by the company for the dossier compiled by SAAPA for the consultants on how and why the company has lost it's way.
It is time for SAA management to start listening to it's employees - SAA is not about you it is about us.
I WANT TO KNOW HOW YOU THINK I'M RAPING THE COMPANY...of course if that is not your position and only that of your fellow managers then please come out and say so.