PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe Sponsorship - Why are they doing it?
Old 6th Sep 2007, 11:35
Mach086

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlyBe Sponsorship - Why are they doing it?

Guys,

Just wanted to ask something. I have recently applied for the Flybe "Sponsorship" 2008 but I can not understand why Flybe are doing this. On their website, they say they have had over 800 applicants for the FO positions. Obviously they are not hiring 800 pilots!! so you would think that the ones who weren't successful would be in the pool if jobs come up.

So why are they now doing a "sponsorship" for new pilots with no more than 70 hours?? Surely, the pool is over flowing with 800 odd pilots with an ATPL. We can safely say at least 50% have gone through good Flight Schools where they had to have passed the psychometric, verbal, numerical tests etc..so no problem there. I just don't understand it. Flybe don't need to pay anything except the Type Rating.

Surely you guys that have an ATPL, landed yourself in debt, but still fly occasionaly (and paying hundreds of pounds extra) to build hours up must be pretty P!ssed off if you have now accumulated 100 hours or something? Could someone explain this to me?

Now I'm starting to see the point of that post "So Where are all the jobs then?" - the guy that wrote that must be seething.

Cheers