PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas FA stood down ?
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2007, 10:33
kiwiblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Onya KC, you beaut

Like damn near every other swinging dick in here, I too have been made to feel like a pervert/paedophile/criminal for trying to assist a minor in difficulty. It's not the kids fault, seldom the parents... I blame excessive 'political correctness' as espoused and foisted on us by the likes of Helen Clarke and her cronies and an unbelievably over-reactive media that have publicised a few shameful events to the extent that every male in society is now tarred with the same brush. Like most blokes I know, I would dearly love a few minutes alone with these bloody rock-spiders to demonstrate my very politically incorrect response to their actions.

For the record, whilst I have none of my own (that I am aware of ) I am the proud uncle of 16 nieces and nephews who now have added 6 grand-nieces and -nephews (at last count!). It galls me no end that I can so rarely spend time with the wee ones as I did their parents, virtually never outside the confines of my own or their parents homes. It is however always gratifying to have the wee ones rush up with a huge hug whenever I do catch up with them