PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2007, 10:02
scoobydooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tags - Thank for your reply very interesting, if we give up certain things for the company then I believe a 1 year pay deal would make sense in order to see - how things have gone, has what was promised been delivered etc and then a 2nd set of negotiations a year down the line. AT this point I do very much feel a 3 year deal would not be in the best interest of the crew - unless of course it is a fantastic deal !

SITYR - Yes, I agree - the list is a wish list, basis for the start of negotiations, rather than a this is the minimum I will accept and the company then trying to apply the squeeze on that.

As for the pre-ops facility, it is there already (or it was until the No vote came in last week - coincidently timed staff shortages !!).

So it would not cost the company much to provide the service 24/7 and a guaranteed response time - it's pretty much what they were doing already. But in providing it as a contractual item serves 2 purposes -
  1. They cant just switch it off again without being in breach of contract.
  2. If we get it in the employment contract the cost to the company to "switch it back on" is minimal (if anything) so they have given something we wanted perhaps we now give something they want... and thus the negotiation continues.
I personally feel V-swap is an invaluable tool to crew - allowing the planning of ones social/home life to a certain degree.

VS-LHRCSA - sounds fishy what happened - especially if you had a docs note - are you represented by a union if so may be worth a word with them, failing that Human resources.

Last edited by scoobydooo; 6th Sep 2007 at 10:21.