PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future of IMC rating?
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2007, 20:34
dublinpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bose,

I'm not going to argue with you over the diversions. I do find it very strange that a pilot with an IR would find it difficult to perform a diversion during their flight. I also find it very strange that they can't be trusted to not to get themselves into a position where they may need to divert, but have no options for the diversion.

Howver, you are correct that I know next to nothing about IFR flight, and if you that that is the case, then so be it.

But I must pull you up on one thing. You say to StevieB

And I am sorry that you have a what is fairly unique condition
As I understand it colour blindness affects one in every ten males. It would seem as if Stevies condition is far from unique, and must be quite common among the male dominated pilot population. Perhaps it's not part of your struggle to make the IR more accessable (which I do very much appreciate, and hope to be able to benefit from) but it does seem as if this will be an issue for quite a lot of pilots wanting to do the IR.

Whether it can be justified or not on safety grounds, I'm not qualified to say, but it would seem like it's going to be an issue for a lot of people. Stevie I suspect it just the tip of the iceburg.

Then there is the hearing issue too......

dp