PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2007, 17:13
scoobydooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tags

As I was typing the post above I was thinking the very same. The problem with each offer to date has been, in short - in order to get a payrise that is in line with inflation the crew have been presented with a long list of items that they have to give up in order to finance the payrise.

Personally I do not think this is fair. However if it was for increased benefits and other items then there could be room for negotiation - e.g. the standby. However for a payrise which only meets/sustains the cost of living (RPI) the net outcome would be, "In order to be in the same financial condition as I was last year, I have had to reduce the terms of my contract". How would you feel about that ? - It boils my blood

I note from your previous response you are flight crew, may I be so bold as to ask of the numerous offers that you all rejected how much did you all give up for your offer ? - That's a genuine question, I'm not being arsey or anything however I cant imagine the net cost was at your expense but at the companies ?? (I could be wrong though -no offence intended).

To date the cost to the company of every offer would have been absorbed by taking something from the crew - I very much feel the company needs to "invest" in the crew, not take with one hand and the other.

Best Regards