PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pull up a sandbag ~ "I remember when..
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2007, 15:56
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 119 Likes on 86 Posts
Whe your clearance chit included the Bike store

When I was making a nice addition to my wages buying King Edwards in the PX at Bruggen.....and selling them to the Canberra crews at Gut...who ordered in advance,,,,,,thanks guys

A visit to Roermond was essential....to buy ex Dutch AF blue in lieu of the hairy we were still issued with !

A very old Flt Lt Devon pilot arriving at Valley one day....spoke with a broad Yorkshire accent on arrival.....and Home Counties English on departure the next day.

Eating fish n chips ( and guarding ... in theory ) under the wing of the first F-111 ro divert into Valley...the mag in the SLR was empty...the full mag was sealed in about 5 sheets of polythene wrapping....watching the Yank engineer who came to fix it sign another guys name in the log with the explanation "the has done it to me".

Watching the expression on a two pip grunts face on Ex Snow Queen at the bottom of a hill....he had alleged that the RAF contingent had learnt nothing on the course....almost true....we learnt about every watering hole in the local town....and challenged me ( selected at random it seems ) to prove otherwise.....he was wearing down hill ski's....I had cross-country ski's...he went round the outcrop.....I went over it....arrived at the bottom and said "Beat you, you bastard !".....I was then reminded of my lowly airman status in life.

Happy days !