PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Ambulance BBC1 Monday 3rd-Friday 6th 0915
Old 5th Sep 2007, 15:00
Stringfellow Dork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly - very good that this program is raising awareness for a well worthwhile cause. I reckon many people may have thought until watching that it was paid for/provided by the NHS. Might help get some cash rolling in.

Secondly -
...why do they have to keep doing the "coming up on...." thing? It's everywhere these days. Do they really think people have attention spans so short that they will lose interest if they don't keep telling us what's coming up in the next five minutes? Along a similar line why do they then have to re-cap what happened five minutes ago?
It annoys the hell out of me too. My guess is that it is for when/if the programme is shown on commercial stations with ad-breaks and/or for those viewers that are scanning the channels. With so many channels to chose from these days you have to quickly grab the viewers attention and inform them of what they have missed and what they are about to see to keep them watching. It makes for painful viewing of you have a sniff of intelligence and have been watching from the start!