PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ueberlingen collision Trial started
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2007, 10:54
songbird29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And for French reading Ppruners I recommend: http://www.letemps.ch/template/regio...article=214204

This article in the Geneva based 'Le Temps' is even more outspoken than the German language paper of Zurich cited in my previous message.
In an editorial it is commented that an entire industrial culture has been sanctioned. For years on end Skyguide Directors had tolerated that a single controller handled the traffic, while only on paper a second one was attributed who was in fact paid for taking his rest in another room. The responsible managers had forgotten that safety is all about taking account of the unforseen and the possibility of human error.
That is the reason why the managers in their offices now foot the bill by getting severe punishment. Whereas THE FRONT-LINE EMPLOYEES HAVE QUITE CLEARLY BEEN DISCHARGED. The president of the tribunal has taken the occasion to REHABILITATE THE LATE DANISH CONTROLLER ON DUTY on the night of the tragedy, whereas his colleagues had the delicacy of putting all the blame on him.
Although the verdict is against individuals, Skyguide as an enterprise is at stake. The woolly reaction on the verdict by Skyguide will not improve anything. Their new director will have a job in restoring confidence.

So far the commentary of this newspaper, confirming that our colleague Peter Nielsen has been rehabilitated. The confidence in Skyguide as an organisation may be low, my confidence in the Swiss courts is very, very high.

Songbird