PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pull up a sandbag ~ "I remember when..
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2007, 08:58
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Teeteringhead,

Brilliant, where have all the good SWOs gone? I remember a SWO turning up one day with a black eye.. he'd been fighting!

We've been talking about Mike Jackson recently, and I was reminded of a similar incident with him. I was doing TACP in N Bosnia a while back, and he visited the troops. Although a Battlegroup asset, we had a remit to wander as tasked and were always trying to clock up more miles than the Bootie TACP. Anyway, one day, we bowled up in the clank and debussed, being in real (and I mean REAL) rag order. He wanders over, takes one look at me and says 'Aha, someone in theatre with longer hair than me!!'. The RSM's eyes bulged and he hissed 'Wait here you f#cking Crab' as he followed in the man's wake. Like hell. I refuelled, turned around and got the clank out of there as quickly as possible.

Incidentally, having had cause one day to discharge my main armament and personal wpns (IW and SLP), I was asked by the QM of the same unit to write a statement about it as I was in the process of getting replen'd. Biting my lip, I did so (I have the photocopy still, it was done on the back of a Bluey). Then, he asked me where the empty cases were. 'In a f#cking minefield near Sanski Most, you want them you go and get them' I suggested none too subtly. He got his own back. When later asking for sh#thouse paper for the back of the wagon, he smiled and asked me 'How many men do you have? I need to work out how many sheets I can spare you.'.

Go Army.