PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airways Park in neglect
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2007, 07:43
Deskjocky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blind, yea I get blinded by the facts.....

Seems the flight ops building is falling down, walked through it on my way into work- seemed to still be standing. I notice all your issues relate to one building- the oldest in the complex. So now we are getting some perspective.

I certainly would not be happy if I was confronted by those kinds of things in my work environment, I would however do something about it. The building maintenance guys can be called on x2111, I have found their response to be prompt and the matter gets sorted quickly- why someone in the flight ops building does not take a little ownership and make the effort to involve the people is something you should raise with your management. Likewise with PC's dial 9000 and within an hour or two a technician will be working on the workstation. if you are not happy with the response call the guys in procurement to address their matter at their management level.

I don’t smoke and therefore never go out into that courtyard- however whenever I’ve walked passed I seen more cabin crew out there than office workers so I don’t think the issue is linked to a particular time of the day but rather the fact that its more noticeable when the cleaners go home- bottom line here is that people should clean up after themselves and not stuff the place up. More bins with some strongly worded signage may be the way to go on this.

On the matter of cost cutting, you are not going to turn the business around on cutting a few cleaning staff- and none have been cut. Again if you are not happy with the state of play then do something about it- last time I checked there were a number of pilots holding management positions so if you cant make the call because of the hours your in the building then get one of them to do it.