PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mid-air collision over Brasil
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2007, 02:57
flyingnewbie10

Unhappy

Marcio,

I was not concentrating in this issue but in the TAM 3054.

After reading all information about the GOL 1907 accident I really reach the conclusion that the pilots blame in this case was minimal and their arrest (not their retention here for a reasonable time) was very unfair. A serious judicial abuse that nevertheless cannot be used to generally prevent any legal action in case of air accidents.

The brazilian media played an irresponsible role in all this (as usual).

The Brazilian ATC system had a key relevance in the accident. It seems that almost the entire "blame" should be put in the lack of adequate equipment and the "black holes" in the Amazon Region, although the ATC at Sao Jose dos Campos made a great mistake when it IFR cleared the Legacy at FL370 until Manaus as I was able to confirm.

There are new technologies coming (GPS, etc) in order to make AT more secure. We hope our dear government & airlines seek to upgrade ATC system accordingly. Brazilian pilots should demand it.

In the meanwhile, relatively to the unsufficient number of ATC personnel, the number of flights in Brazil should be reduced (at least the domestic ones).

We have to admit we have a deeply flawed ATC system indeed.

As to Lepore and Palladino I think they really should be declared not guilty before the facts I have now. Moreover after confirming that they tried to contact Brasilia ATC several times before the accident took place.

Last edited by flyingnewbie10; 5th Sep 2007 at 03:16. Reason: adding paragraph