PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indigo
Thread: Indigo
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2007, 02:52
paddy in the east

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After having been at Indigo for a few months, I might be able to shed some light on the inner workings.

First of all, compared to other carriers in India, I feel Indigo is head and shoulders above the rest. More importantly, everyone (the company) has lived up to their side of the agreement and better yet the pay has been on time.

Being a DEC here I don't get involved with the SO side of things. However, people are alleuding to or simply stating there are no SO that have completed their training. That might be technically true, but there are a few who are coming up to the end of their 300 hours and they have been offered FO positions at Indigo.

I know the company isn't too happy with the CAE program and will most likely ditch that. There is another program soon to be annouced that invilves a Brussels based company providing the training.

There are Storm Cadets here who seem to be plodding through the training, but they only fly with Storm TRIs so again, I would have nothing to do with them.

As far as the 6 local FO resigning, they did. However, what people haven't written is they also pulled them a few days later.....

Is Indigo perfect????? Not by any means. Rostering tends to run on a day to day basis, although My last month followed my roster without any disruptions at all. The staff is spread a little thin meaning they're trying to do 20 things instead of the normal 10 things. But we keep getting people joining from all the other Indian airlines, so they must be doing something correct.