PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 717s for Sunnies & Eastern?
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2007, 14:07
Capn Bloggs

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts
ACMS you said,
Correct me if I'm wrong but................10 years or so ago National Jet was given the BAE146 flying in BNE by Qantas instead of giving jets to Sunnies. In my humble opinion it was Sunnies flying in the first place.
If you are referring to the introduction of the 146 to QLD by Australian Airlines in 1991, NJS took over Australian Airlines 737 flying that was ridiculously over-priced by the disgusting pay scales that the 737 pilots were on at the time as a result of you-know-what. Sunnies was was still flying boxcars then and was hardly in a position to take on a 3-jet fleet. Is it you with the short memory?

Secondly, criticism of the NJS pilots undercutting JQ to get the 717 is a bit below the belt given that from what I read on this esteemed site last year QF played off EAA and Sunstate for the -400. Good on EAA pilots for saying NO. Sunstate pilots are hardly in a position to imply that the NJS pilots should bugger off the 717 after undercutting their fellow QLink brethren in SYD.

As for two separate companies operating the 717 (NJS and another), it ain't gonna happen. Get over it. As soon as the guard changes at ADL, NJS will be firing on all fours and be the pride of the aviation industry.

Even if our bosses are dollar-driven #$%^&s, let's not be at our own throats.

Last edited by Capn Bloggs; 4th Sep 2007 at 15:08.