PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 717s for Sunnies & Eastern?
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2007, 02:22
RENURPP

Received 33 Likes on 8 Posts
Whislt I wish all those guys the best of luck, it high lights the disgusting attitude pilots have towards each other.

Whilst I don't puch much faith in this rumor. probably started with talk of 717's in Canberra being immanent, no mention of the operator. Maybe some lines painted on the ground and some pilots with stars in their eyes?
On one hand we have NJS pilots considering industrial action to maintain their CURRENT conditions, then you hear of another bunch of pilots out to steel their jobs from under them and clapping their hands at the prospect..
Up until the current dispute that is going on NJS were going to be operating the 717's on the east coast.
3 more jets are to be introduced in October in Perth Cairns and darwin followed by probably 3 more in canberra. Rumor and only rumor has it that the search is on for more 717's internationally.
Just sit back and consider this.
There are plenty of jobs available at present and conditions are only improving.
If management wins this fight, then you can be sure it will resonate through the industry, at least the likes of SS and EAA. It would demonstrate that this style of management can screw pilots even in BOOM times. Just wait for the down times.
I hope the pilots consider what happened in that year. Pilots taking pilots jobs?