PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BE36 (G36) parked at YBTL today! (Merged)
Old 3rd Sep 2007, 22:21
BEACH KING

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
... it is effectively a 3 seater aircraft - a very nice, fast 3 seater but a 3 seater none-the-less!

Probably true for 3 blokes your size FTDK!, especially after a feed at the restaurant at the Albert Park in Longreach. But if you have kids or desirable females on board, you can fit 6 POB in easy and still be in the MTOW and COFG with full fuel and overnight gear.

Interesting debate with regards to use of take-off flap in the A36. Most bonanzas (and Barons) have only an "approach" or "down" setting. However some (mine included) have a intermediate position, so that any flap angle can be set. My POH suggests no flap for normal takeoff to give max clearance over 50ft obstacle. But on bush strips (where I do most of my flying) 5 or 10 degree on takeoff results in a considerably shorter ground run, which is helpful in the doughy black soil, and minimizes sticks and cow **** flying up on the takeoff roll. Climbout using this flap setting doesn't appear to be any shallower, but it probably is.