PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atsocas
Thread: Atsocas
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2007, 17:38
Spitoon

What's so special about NATS that they get to input and comment before other service providers?
Originally Posted by Goldfish Watcher
Nothing and they didn't
I have trouble reconciling the fact that some/many units appear to have a draft copy of a document already with your statement that 'The CAA will initiate industry wide consultation very soon.' Industry wide consultation surely means that everyone can see the draft - and I thought that the CAA published their consultations on the website.

Originally Posted by 2 sheds
Not sure that I understand your "impression" that the "authority may delegate LARS to radar units". Presumably you mean the Authority (not just being a grammar Nazi, just clarifying!), not sure that it's theirs to "delegate", and they certainly will not merely instruct approach radar units to undertake LARS provision.
I refer you to Articles 104and 105 of the ANO.

Originally Posted by CAP493
Not quite. The new 'London LARS' that is to be introduced by NATS will be paid for by NATS En-route (NERL) although provided by NATS' Airports Division. NERL is funded by the airlines and aircraft operators through the Eurocontrol Route Charging mechanism. Therefore, provision of this expanded service is not ultimately being funded by NATS.
I thought this sort of thing wasn't allowed under the SES rules on charging - unless there was some justification. Has NATS stated the justification? It might support mr_grumpy's idea after all!