PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 QRH type Incidents that could be useful training discussion points.
Old 3rd Sep 2007, 13:09
Checkboard

Received 136 Likes on 68 Posts
Had a Number 4 "eyebrow" window fracture, requiring a descent to reduce psi and continued to destination. It let go with a small bang, and it took about a minute to determine the cause - a minute to look up that is

Saw some arcing in the number two window - the left DV window next to me. It looked like a glowing expanding circle, as though someone had touched a lit cigarette to tissue paper. Reached up and turned off the window heat, but a small bubble formed in the acrylic layer and the window fractured about 10 seconds later, with a bang. The checklist had changed by this time requiring an immediate landing instead of a psi reduction.

Had a right Wing/body overheat light. Shut off the bleed, as per the QRH and the light extinguished. Called the company to see if they wanted a return or continue, and continued to destination where we expected a long delay as the bleed valve was lockwired shut to comply with the MEL. On arrival, the engineer said he would just MEL the Wing body overheat warning system, pull the circuit breaker and release us!!!!! Took a few minutes to convince him how stupid that would be.

I think all the other stuff wasn't Tech related though.

P.S. I've also noted a largish puddle of oil under the engine, and called out the engineers. When I wandered down to see them they were scratching their heads next to the open cowl, until I pointed out the oil cap wasn't secured properly - which seems quite a common problem.

Also arrived at destination, and then noted two open (empty) cans of hydraulic fluid sitting in the hydraulic bay, with the refill tube hanging out of one of them. Kicked the FO for his poor walkaround and flew back with lowish hydraulic qty in Sys A.

Last edited by Checkboard; 3rd Sep 2007 at 14:01.