PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic - Wannabes & Recruitment II
Old 3rd Sep 2007, 08:11
I Just Want To Fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[Smoke filled cabin is ok-we get to spend the day with a few fireman!! ]

Bit old for my liking!!!

To all people to are not confident swimmers. Please take lessons!!! Too many people get kicked out because they can't swim!!! I don't want to scare you but imagine going through all that training, only to get kicked off cause you can't swim well enough.

Lying on your back and trying to float from one end of a pool to another does not count.

You have to swim the full length of the pool at least three times over the day. You have to tread water for about a minute a couple of times, and put on and inflate a life jacket. I used to competitive swimmer and a swimming teacher. Although it was easy for me, it was still a little challenging at times.

If you are not 100% confident that you can do all of this, then please take more lessons. I mean, every day from now until the day you start training.

If you can't afford to take lessons try this....

Wearing a t-shirt, swim a lap, then tread water for 60 seconds, then take your t-shirt off. then swim another lap, whilst holding onto the t-shirt. then tread water for 60 seconds, then put the t-shirt back on. Repeat this for 10 laps a day, or as often as is practicle, until you can do this confidently!

Plus it's good exercise. Helps you fit down the aisles a bit better, and not bump the pax with your bum!

Good luck!!