PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - Photo Needed on Application-unPC?
Old 3rd Sep 2007, 07:23
Mach086

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flybe - Photo Needed on Application-unPC?

Hi guys,

just wanted your opinion on something. As you probably all know, doesn't matter what job you go for in the UK, the Date of Birth/ age line is discriminatory so even if you was to send your CV/application form into a prospective job, the HR team will automatically remove that information before they hand it over to the recruitment manager/ or whoever decided who they want to interview. (or at least-they should do - thtas the rules).

But, I have noticed that on the FLYbe application, they don't ask for D.O.B or age, but they do require a Photo. Now why is that? Isn't there some sort of discrimination there? What if they think you are ugly!!! What if you look like a taleban member! ( no offence to anyone). I mean, I just can't see the point. Surely, there is some bias here. i'd love to hear opinions.

Just that in any other job, if a company requested a picture, they would defietly be picked up on it! Imagine they are hiring a secretary and requested pictures first!!! My god- the law suits! you see my point?