PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2007, 03:51
6chimes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mod kit; you seem to be totally contradicting yourself. On the one hand you criticise those that suggest bmi management are useless and on the other you criticise them yourself.

It would seem that the only reason anyone here supports bmi is because they have survived for years. And there is a very simple explanation why they have lasted so long: the staff. Whilst the management have fretted from one problem to another and made half hearted attempts at one market/route or another, the staff have covered up the day to day failures and made sure the job was done, without the support/infrastructure/INVESTMENT that bmi should have given its customers and staff.

If survival is the only measure of success then bmi is a success story. If on the other hand success is measured by growth, innovation, brand and profit then bmi is a failure, albeit one that is still around.

Bmi is a privately owned company and as long as it remains that way it will only ever benefit one man (if it was mine, I would do the same!). Until that changes, the slots which bmi control at LHR will never reach their full potential for passengers or staff.