PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHC Global
Thread: CHC Global
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2007, 03:35
murdock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bell4can - I know of the partnership CHC has with Helijet, but that is only good to you if you have your Canadian CPL, with IR and have the ATPL exams written. I have had friends go the Helijet route as well, but as FlyingBajan only has FAA ratings this option is no good to him, unless he wants to fork out the cash for the Canadian licenses and have the legal ability to work in Canada. Also, you dont work for CHC when they place you with Helijet for building your twin time, you work for Helijet, and would be on the Helijet pay roll, which is not very much. Since you have to be able to legally work in Canada to work for Helijet before going to CHC, and like a lot of people are learning these days, sponsorship is a viable option for getting to work in Canada, however Helijet is not allowed to sponsor foreign piots as they do not meet the requirements for HRSDC.

As far as the Bristow route, I would say once you have your ATPL you would have a pretty good chance working with them globally. Good luck either way.