PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How Bad Is The Pilot Shortage In India?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2007, 02:45
Nevrekar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am at Spicejet so I do not know anything about Indigo. If I do hear something I will be happy to post. B737NG guys--apply directly to spicejet.
[email protected]. You can mention my name Nevrekar. Looking for lots of NG drivers (Capts only) with 500 hrs PIC in type. Also under age 60.
DGCA just changed the rule--if you can't fly in your home country over 60, then you cannot do it here either. Guys already here are grandfathered.
Many are going to other ICAO countries (permitting over 60 flying) and getting their licenses converted so they can fly here. Once the US rule changes it will be a non issue.
Spicejet, simply put is --"GOOD PEOPLE." Expect to fly 6 days a week and over 100 hrs/month. 10 weeks on/2 weeks off. Some negatives:
1. Constant daily schedule changes. Can't make plans. I have personally invited friends & family thrice in 2 months, only to have a schedule change, leaving my wife home to entertain.
2. Rumour has it that crews may be shifted to "guest houses" instead of 5 star hotels (cost cutting). If that happens, I know many expat Capts will say goodbye. I expect many F/O's who are not on a bond will seek other pastures.

Disregard the icons above--dont know how they got there or how to get rid of them!