PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pull up a sandbag ~ "I remember when..
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2007, 21:30
PICKS135

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Generation exercise at Leuchars on a Sunday afternoon just as the childrens Xmas party was finishing in the Cpls club

Detatching to Marham / Sculthorpe and enjoying evenings in the bar whilst waiting for Victors to return from up north.

Going to the Airmens mess on Christmas Day and getting a load of cold cuts from the duty chef,as we were having a party in the WRAF block [male and females invited].

Getting Tea and Sugar rations for the night shift, when we went for duty supper.

Missing the last ever APC to Malta. After getting my nose broken and MO saying I couldnt fly the next day in a Herk

Missing an APC to Akrotiri as I had to attend a re-settlement course
[Did me no good whatsoever, due to eyesight not being good enough for Prison Service.]

When playing the bagpipes at supersonic speed in an F4 was looked upon as a world record.

Buffing wooden floors at Swinderby with a metal/wooden buffer and blanket wrapped round it. No hoovering carpets in them days.

Walking across 111 Sqn line and the VAS pan, to get to the Q sheds. With aircraft taxying and no-one saying a thing about the lack of yellow vest.