PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ISLE OF MAN
Thread: ISLE OF MAN
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2007, 21:28
Haven't a clue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No doubt it will get worse before it gets better.

Suffered delays a couple of weeks ago on the appropriately registered D-AWDL (dawdle...geddit!). But to be fair most of the delay was down to the Gatwick handling operation - no baggage handlers on late arrival meant no bags off, and then another hour (!) to get the bags on; no tug when ready, and then ATC delays because of the ground delay. All said it was ugly. And the BE rep on the a/c was only authorised to offer soft drinks to pax (who had waited an hour to board, and then an hour plus before doors shut). Not good enough, but, as I say, not all BE's fault.

There are concerns that the new Dash8s will be a tech problem, but I guess any delays from that will be no worse than now. And once the a/c are stable, then hopefully service a la Manx Airlines will return.

That said I suspect many whose connections to their holiday flights have been missed will be wondering whether to go by boat next year. Business pax seem to be staying on the rock unles absolutely necessary, and then using EMX to LCY. I can't remember previously flying on an aircraft off the rock and not recognising a at least a few fellow travellers; yet that has been the experience over the past couple of months. But then again I'm getting older.....