PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Criminal Conviction A Problem?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2007, 19:05
grababadger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was convicted of DD earlier this year and although there is no excuse-it would take a fool to say there are never any mitigating circumstances and as for those jolly old folks who are quick to judge, well let me tell you...

Around 90% of drivers will at some point be over the limit, how many people drink post night out and don't even realise they are over the limit?? People assume that they are ok, luckily MOST dont get caught.

Iv'e spent 6 years at university and have just started flight training and there is no way am I going to give up now. The majority of people relate DD with a drink disorder-which is far wrong in most cases.

When I went to court my 'prosecuter' admitted that it's just unlucky for some and went on to admit that he had drank and drove before.

Cmvidini I really would not give up providing you have the strength of character to prove yourself. We all make mistakes, some worse than others but dont let your dream go past you and don't listen to the words of negativity and remember you have paid for your crime and are less likely to re-offend than most.