PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADS-B + Subsidy - It's on the table - Submn's close 31 Oct
Old 2nd Sep 2007, 06:14
Scurvy.D.Dog
I'm in one of those moods

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
... old time religion
What exactly will the bandwidth of UAT provide that 1090ES won't, that GA in OZ WANT?
Who said anything about just GA
... errm, the JCP for GA
Where does the cost of 1090ES show as higher than UAT? .. a link thanks!
How about the bulk of the world's Regional/Commuter fleet
... does the flat earth society believe there will be one unit?
Non so blind as those who don't want to see!!
oh how true!
Because FAA have done the risk analysis
... on a dual system .... there's a hint!
In terms of a standard to process ADS-B signals into TCAS II --- Long since complete --- but you do seem to have a quite severe comprehension problem, when such a simple fact is presented to you.
.... no, it is YOU who will not see and accept the difference between third party alerting and that of automation ..... DO YOU SEE THE COST and SAFETY IMPACTS OF EACH? .. the regionals sure do!
As to the lack of interest in "-IN", I really don't care whether you believe me of not, but I am rather looking forward to the Booz Allen Hamilton Report, which will include this information, as part of a study on WAAS, also of no interest to Boeing and Airbus, because it doesn't produce any lower minima than they can achieve without WAAS, now. But of great interest to the rest of Australia.
... 'IN' and WAAS .. what has one got to do with the other??
OK, You're the self-confessed expert ---- in terms that a lay reader of this thread can understand ---- baud rate or K/Gbits/s ---- give us a comparison of the capacity of the DF17/15 slots in the Mode S signal, (or a country telephone line v. Telstra CDMA or Hutchison 3 ) compared to UAT/VDL-2/4.
... I have explained the functionality and interoperability of 1090ES across the fleets .... and I have asked you what the extra (although different) bandwidth of UAT provides given the trade off that UAT and 1090ES only know about each other in range of a ground station! ... over to you ... still not answered!
And explain to the lay readers why the ancient and strained technology (that others have no difficulty seeing as the equivalent of "the old black phone"), is going to be a better choice ---- Than an up to date data transmission system---you are so wise and foreseeing that you "know" Australian aviation will never need such a development*.
... no you explain what UAT will give the industry that 1090ES won't THAT THE GA INDUSTRY WANT AND CAN AFFORD!
..... ancient and strained ....... pfffff ... I know what is, and it ain't 1090ES
Actually, your sarcastic references to Eastern Europe is quite appropriate, although that is not what you intended.
... oh yes it is
You are claiming that all we will ever need, for ATC air/ground, however non-airline aviation may develop, is VHF voice and iron curtain era telephone standard datalink called 1090ES.
... never said that!
Such is the blinkered approach to change, so evident in a sclerotic Australian aviation community thinking --- aided and abetted by a rather misguided anti-US attitude.
..... that is hilarious coming from you ol' boy!
Very sad really, you only have to go across the Tasman to see what a bit of open minded change can achieve for the whole aviation sector, but particularly the non-airline sector.
.... and UAT is all the rage there is it??
.. wheat from chaff mate .... wheat from chaff