PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2007, 05:45
acbus1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I, as usual, was merely expressing my opinion, this being a Forum for that purpose, I've been assuming.

Do the last three "contributors", or anyone else, disagree that bmi baby has failed to compete successfully with any other airline?

Do the last three "contributors", or anyone else, disagree that the "success" of bmi has relied entirely upon its allocation of Heathrow slots?

Do the last three "contributors", or anyone else, disagree that the "success" of bmi at Heathrow has been entirely on short haul routes, against a single so-called competitor in the form of British Airways, who have famously little interest in short haul (presumably because BA have bigger profits to rake in on their long haul routes and their Heathrow slot allocation gives them a vast "competitive" advantage in that respect)

Do the last three "contributors", or anyone else, disagree that bmi management from the top down is a shambles. (and isn't it fascinating how that management assumes the characteristics of its upper echelons .....pilot haters to a man. Even the pilot management hates, bullies and victimises its "fellow" pilots).

Do the last three "contributors", or anyone else, disagree that this latest retreat from real competition exposes the true colours of bmi and it's "management".

Do the last three "contributors" actually have a contribution to make to the thread topic? I've posed you some questions to answer, since you seem to be bereft of original thoughts or opinions (about the thread topic, not me) of your own.

...now that the airline is really on the up
Is it?

All it has done so far is buy a loss making airline (with Heathrow slots, just to give the real motive away).

bmi will be on the up when it consistently makes a profit! Simple business fact - a company is on the up when it makes money! At least you've finally admitted that bmi has been down (for some years, if you really open your eyes)!

BTW, I don't contribute because I'm bitter. I contribute because the majority seem blind to the facts and to reality. It's a continuing fascination and frustration for me - how a workforce, almost to a man, can be so blind, to the extreme extent that it is to their own severe disadvantage!

...may I suggest you goo back to whatever it is you do best...
Thanks for the suggestion.

But, a question......how, exactly, does one "goo"?