PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Increase in weight
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2007, 05:28
VH-MLE

Received 45 Likes on 18 Posts
I'm With Gingernut - Eat Less and Do More

I regularly used to walk 45-50 minutes every morning, however following the passing of my wife several months ago, I purchased a treadmill - we have 3 kids in the 5-11 year bracket so I can no longer go for my morning walks like I used to but the treadmill more than compensates for this as I can use it rain, hail or shine.
From a dietry perspective, I eat fruit and low calorie yoghurt for breakfast and usually have tuna in springwater with an avocado for lunch and have a "normal" if not somewhat large evening meal. I review the fat content of what I eat but am not over the top about it. We have takeaway every Friday night which generally constitutes fish and chips or McDonalds (plus I drink too much) and the occasional cooked chook but this in the overall perspective of things is OK in my view.
My weight has remained constant (72-74kg) which is in the proper weight range for my height (BMI wise). Cholesterol too is always under 5.0 with the "good" and "bad" values in the right range.
Losing weight is relatively easy but you need to be disciplined with diet and exercise.

One last thing, I have established that eating too many biscuits is very detrimental to weight (and cholesterol) due to the high fat content so if you find that you eat too many of them try and cut back a bit. At the end of the day I am no angel but I am very aware of the importance of a reasonably balanaced diet and a reasonable level of exercise.

Regards.

VH-MLE

Last edited by VH-MLE; 2nd Sep 2007 at 13:51. Reason: Forgot to mention biscuits!