PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aus CPL to Canadian CPL and IR
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2007, 22:11
insertnamehere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello mate,

I converted my aus cpl to a canadian one a few years ago and didn't find it too stressful. I think the only thing that took the time was the medical.. apparently you can do that here in aus before you go... that might save some time.

I found it a lot easier than the aus cpl... only 1 exam, get a letter from the cfi and take it to an exam centre... you can do it there and then, not like the ridiculous booking system we have here. You will have your results straight away. It's not open book, but at least it means they don't test around the edges.

Buy the canadian aips and have a good read... the rules aren't too dissimilar to here.

Flying wise the flying school will need to do a few flights with you to familiarise.. i think i only did 2 or 3 before my cpl test. The test was a piece of cake.. did it in a 172P (no requirement for csu), took about 1.5hrs, got going on a nav, given a short diversion, some VOR intercepts (very big on vors over there) some steep turns, stalls, a spin, and back for a few circuits.

Oh, for the record, I did mine at the Brampton Flying Club, cos it was close to where I was staying. There are a few floating around, have a search and see what you can find!

Good luck!