PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pull up a sandbag ~ "I remember when..
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2007, 18:21
BEagle

Received 270 Likes on 109 Posts
I was going to take a cheap shot and comment upon how appropriate it was that a Rock Ape should have a 'Simple Minds' album.....

But I won't, becaues your contributions reveal to today's kids how good things once were!

On the mighty Tin Triangle, we often took groundcrew lads with us on the 7th seat, as well as a Crew Chief on the 6th. One day we went to Goose with a happy youngster on the 7th; he was last seen disappearing off with the local det guys who promised to 'look after him'. This involved him being taken to some very dubious Newfie spots....

Some days later, the Boss ('Sweaters', later to Cat 5 himself in a Chipmunk...) and his crew came through on the way back from Offut to Scampton. During the evening in the pub, he asked how things were going.... "Well, fine Boss. Brought one of the groundcrew out on the 7th, he's been having a great time $hagging his way round North West River ever since!"

"Good lad! What's his name?"
"Cpl ******"
"**** - that's the bugger that's going out wiht my daughter. And you've let him screw his way through all those clap-ridden Newfies?"
"Another beer, Boss?"

Also went to Luqa. For youngsters, 'The Gut' had nothing to do with Gutersloh!

Such days!

That's if you've ever heard of Gutersloh, of course.......