PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch winter recruitment...
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2007, 15:35
Marko Ramius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must say I have to agree with the other's here. When I was an SFO with Monarch on the bus out of Man my usual pay was about £2700 after tax. I am now in the employ of easyjet and am happy to report it is a bit more than that now.
That really only tells half the story doesn't it?

With MON you will overtake easy in the long term and probably spend more of your career earning more than an EZY guy, comparing like for like length of service. With the additional days off and flexi day working that has just been agreed MON guys may well be able to increase their take home significantly.

Also, with the new deal, at MON the DC pension is significantly better than EZY's. In order to retire on the same amount at EZY as you would at MON you have to put 5% more of your salary into your pension.

On average EZY pilots fly 40% more hours than MON pilots and a hell of a lot more sectors, although I do appreciate that is little consolation for MON guys doing 850 to 900 hours year.

It is fair to say that a jnr Capt or FO at MON will take home less than the equivalent at EZY, but long term the deal is better at MON.

The grass isn't always oranger!!